This is an exclusive business club, meeting and events space for members and their guest to meet and work for business purposes, in a professional environment.
At the BEC Business Club our mission is make our members and their business more successful. As such, these rules are designed to ensure that each member and their guests receive fair use of the facilities along with the best possible experience.
- Members must present their membership card at the Front desk each time they arrive and depart from the Business club.
- All guests must register at the Front Desk and be with you at all times. Guests will not be permitted to occupy an individual desk or table and must be with you for the purpose of a meeting. Should you wish for a guest to be with you for an extended period of time, a Day membership must be purchased.
- Members are welcome to come and go as many times as required during the day, and as allowed by their membership type, but should not occupy any communal areas for more than 5 hours per day.
- Should you wish to be in the Business Club for longer than 5 hours during any given day, a meeting room or Extended use pass must be purchased from the Front Desk.
- Please do not reserve chairs, desks or tables by leaving coats or any other belongs unattended for more than 30 minutes. During busy periods such items may be removed to accommodate more guests.
- Unless using a meeting room members are entitled to bring two guests into the Business Club at any one time. For additional guests a guest pass must be purchased for each guest at the Front desk.
- The flexible meeting area is designed for meetings of up to 4 people. For meeting of more than 4 people. For meetings of more than 4 people, a meeting room must be booked.
- If working alone for an extended period of time, please make use of the dedicated hot desks on the ground floor.
- When making or receiving phone calls please remember that this is a shared facility and be mindful of other guests.
- The Business club will be busier sometimes more than others please be mindful that seating areas should be shared as much as possible.
- All meeting rooms are to be booked and paid for in advance, vacated promptly and left as you would expect to find them. Should additional time be required this will be subject to availability and an additional charge. The capacity for each room should not be exceeded.
- Catering can be ordered up to 10.30am on the day no other food is permitted to be consumed.
The BEC Business Club reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. These rules should be read in conjunction with our Terms and Conditions.
The BEC Business Club is a trading name of Barking Enterprise Centre CIC Company number 10030360.
- Members agree to be bound by the BEC Business Club Rules and the terms and conditions
- Members must ensure that their guests also adhere to the Rules and Terms and Conditions and each member is responsible for the actions of any guest brought into the BEC Business Club
- Members must pay their membership fees and any additional charges, fees or costs as they fall due or access to the BEC Business Club may be prevented and their membership suspended.
- Membership fees and any other fees are payable in advance and may be subject to change. All fees are quoted exclusive of VAT which will be levied at the appropriate rate.
- Membership of the BEC Business Club is an annual membership and membership fees must be paid monthly/or annually.
- Should a member give notice to cancel their membership no refund, will be given for part of the month.
- Meeting rooms and Event bookings must be paid for in advance and are non-refundable unless
- A minimum of 24 hours’notice is given, where the room is booked for a half day or less.
- A minimum of 48 hours’ notice is given for meeting rooms booked for half days or more.
- A minimum of five working days is given for bookings for the ‘The Studio’.
- A minimum of ten working days is given for any bookings in the Business Club.
Note: Refunds may not be available for any additional services provided via third parties or supplier such as catering or additional AV requirements which have been booked and confirmed in advance.
- Bookings in ‘The Studio’ will require a £100 deposit as security against any loss or damage caused during the event. The deposit or any balance after deducting outstanding fees will be returned to the client after the account has been settled in full and funds cleared.
- Provisional bookings may be held where possible for up to 24 hours if the meeting or event is within 5 working days from the date of enquiry. Provisional bookings for ‘The Studio or other events space may be held where possible for up to 3 working days from the date of enquiry.
- Members must not use the Business Club for more days than their membership type allows.
- Members are required to follow a smart casual dress code.
- Members must report lost or stolen business cards immediately and a replacement card will be issued the fee of which is £10.
- Membership is not transferable
- The Business Club aims to provide a high level of service to its members and their guests however as you will appreciate occasionally things can go wrong! Please let us know if there is something you are not happy about.